Please note our new schedule times and locations

Travelling with Animals

Service Animals and Emotional Animals are permitted on-board our coaches. Please note that pets are not allowed.

Service Animals

Service Animals are permitted with proper documentation. Service animals provide assistance to a person with a cognitive, physical or emotional disability and are specially trained to assist individuals with disabilities with everyday activities such as carrying or retrieving items, ringing doorbells, assisting with balance and stability, alerting or responding to seizures or diabetic episodes, and other tasks.

According to Human Services Alberta and the Services Dogs Act, the following are service dog qualifications:
Graduated from a program that is accredited by Assistance Dogs International; or
Completed a program delivered by an organization identified on the Ministry’s Qualified List; or,
Passed a test administered by an organization identified on the Ministry’s Qualified List.
Government of Alberta and British Columbia identification cards are available to users of qualified service dogs. Please see below:

How to book

Reservations must be made by phone at: 1-877-769-3287 as two seats must be reserved.

Emotional Support Animals

Emotional Support Animals are different than Service Animals. An Emotional Support animal is an animal that is required by a person for assistance by their Mental Health Provider.

Please note that only one Emotional Support Animal per Passenger per trip is permitted.

Below are the requirements needed for passengers to travel with an Emotional Support animal:

A signed letter, dated no more than one year before the date of travel, from a licensed mental health professional (Psychiatrist, psychologist, licensed clinical social worker).
This letter must be on official letterhead and must state:
That the passenger has a mental or emotional disability recognized in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders Fifth Edition.
That the passenger requires the emotional support animal as an accommodation for travel and/or at their intended destination.
The type of license held by the mental health professional and the jurisdiction in which it was issued.
If they require the emotional support animal to travel as a lap-held support animal.
- Animal type, breed, weight and size
Please note that letters from a family doctor will not be accepted, the letter is valid for one year, and only one animal may travel at a time.

How to Book

Documentation must be faxed or emailed to the contact info below prior to making your reservation.
Once documentation has been submitted, please call at least 48 hours in advance to make your reservation.
Phone: 1-877-769-3287
Fax: 403-264-1004 (CTO – Attn: Barb)
Links & Affiliations